Delhi, the capital city of India, is a popular destination for travelers from all around the world. As a Chandigarh traveler, you can easily visit Delhi as it is well-connected by road, rail, and air. Whether you are interested in history, culture, food, or shopping, Delhi has something to offer for everyone. Here are the top 10 must-visit places in Delhi for Chandigarh travelers:
- Red Fort – A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Red Fort is a magnificent fortress that was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century. The fort is a perfect example of Mughal architecture and is known for its impressive red sandstone walls, intricate carvings, and beautiful gardens.
- India Gate – India Gate is a famous war memorial that was built to honor the Indian soldiers who died during World War. The memorial is a popular spot for tourists as well as locals and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and fountains.
- Qutub Minar – Qutub Minar is another UNESCO World Heritage Site in Delhi that is known for its towering minaret that is 73 meters high. The minaret is surrounded by ancient ruins and is a popular spot for history buffs.
- Lotus Temple – The Lotus Temple is a beautiful temple that is shaped like a lotus flower and is a popular attraction for tourists. The temple is open to people of all religions and is known for its serene atmosphere.
- Humayun’s Tomb – Humayun’s Tomb is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was built in the 16th century. The tomb is known for its beautiful architecture and is a popular spot for photographers.
- Chandni Chowk – Chandni Chowk is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Delhi and is a must-visit for shopaholics. The market is known for its narrow lanes, crowded streets, and delicious street food.
- Jama Masjid – Jama Masjid is one of the largest mosques in India and is known for its beautiful architecture and stunning views of Delhi. The mosque is open to people of all religions and is a popular spot for tourists.
- Akshardham Temple – Akshardham Temple is a beautiful temple that is known for its stunning architecture and beautiful gardens. The temple is open to people of all religions and is a popular spot for tourists.
- National Museum – The National Museum is a must-visit for history buffs as it is home to a vast collection of artifacts that date back to ancient times. The museum is known for its impressive exhibits on Indian art, history, and culture.
- Dilli Haat – Dilli Haat is a popular open-air market that is known for its handicrafts, traditional clothing, and street food. The market is a great place to buy souvenirs and gifts for your loved ones.
In conclusion, Delhi is a must-visit destination for Chandigarh travelers. With its rich history, vibrant culture, and delicious food, Delhi has something to offer for everyone. So, if you are planning a trip to Delhi, make sure to visit these top 10 must-visit places.
Chandigarh to Delhi Taxi Service With FiRST